Okay so as some of you know I have a son called Asher. He is four years old and has Hypotonic Cerebral Palsy and frontal lobe damage. That by no means defines who he is.
He is a couragious and strong willed little guy. He's had to be tough. But he's my baby, my asher bear - who gives big cuddles when he chooses to those he chooses. He's tough at the best of times, life is tough at the best of times, but I wouldnt change him for the world. I would fix him if I could, but his personality - who he is on the inside is perfect just the way it is.
He has a strength beyond his years like many children who face challenges and circumstances beyond their control or even understanding for that matter.
He doesnt understand why he cant run or why he falls over all the time and other kids dont. He doesnt question why he is different and if someone says he cant do something he is determined to prove them wrong in his own time. He can do anything - that is what we are teaching him. He should not be bound by what he 'cant' do - he should discover all the wonderful things he can do and when he does he does it with this steely concentration, and he will do it until its done perfectly to his standards.
He is an inspiration and for some reason god trusted me to keep him and learn from him. I am still learning, I dont know exactely what that is but from the moment I was thrown in the deep end I have been swimming and from womb to world this is the story of Asher.
Totally amazing account of your experiences; Ive much greater understanding now of the massive challenges you and your family are continually facing. Candice you are so very brave and real about stress and fears, and the honesty of your thoughts i do appreciate... keep writing hun you'll have a book before you know it. many hugs and good thoughts and prayers and support if needed xoxo
ReplyDelete