Monday, July 27, 2009

Weird Little Creatures These Kids

Kids are wonderful little creatures arnt they? Thats what we think before we have them at least, and when they are sleeping like angels with their little lips all smooshed up. Then come the things people dont tell you. The things they fail to mention. Dont get me wrong I love my kids and I wouldnt trade them for the world (most days), but theres those moments, sometimes days, when you think 'who is this little weirdo?'. Other times they crack you up with their funny quirks and the things they say and do, a bit like today.

Now I dont want to freak all those how dont have kids, well actually maybe I do. Im a bit un-decided there. I rather wouldnt want you going into something waaaay unexpected. Its a bit like ordering a good book and getting an elephant. Maybe not quite.


Anyway, there are the things that make you go ewww. Like today. Indie the sweet little thing is toilet trained and of late she likes her privacy when going no.2. She'll tell you she needs to go to the toilet, she'll run there, open the door, tell you to turn the light on, i'll sit her on the toilet and she tell me to 'get out my way!' .nice. So I do, and close the door, as little miss requests. Anyway usually I stand there, sometimes I dont. She'd been in there a little while when I though maybe she was taking a bit long. You know, maybe shoving toilet paper down the loo, or brushing the walls with the toilet brush, all of which shes done. Thank god for bleach. So I investigate. I open the door and ask if she is okay, and she sitting there with one hand behind her, by her bum, and one hand holding on to the toilet so she doesnt fall in (another thing shes done). Um okay I think what the hell is she doing? shes going to get poo on her hand. So I say indie what are you doing? where is your hand? And she tells me its in her bum. Urghhhh yuk. 

Now you might think that would surprise me, but it didnt. I've learnt not to be surprised by anything that girl does, she a bag of tricks I tell ya. So calmly I tell her its disgusting and to get her hand out of it. So she does, she tells me shes finished and she gets off. I pull her pants up, making sure not to touch her hands or anywhere else she could have wiped and take her to wash her hands. And then mine, and then once for luck.

Then theres the things that you dont know whether it freaks you out or its a little funny. God only knows what they have been teaching Asher at kindy, or maybe its to many maisy animal videos. But today, I kid you not Asher was pretending to lay eggs. Thats right, lay eggs. like a chicken. Then he was looking after his 'eggs', and then they hatched. 

Three of them apparently, sweet little birdys. And yes everyone got a hold, or two or three. And kisses and then they were following him around flying behind him. We had to pat them, we had to kiss them. He even brought a chair in from the lounge so they could sit next to his daddys bed. For about an hour we entertained those little birdys, until, I told Asher it was time to have a bath. Apparently if I made him have a bath his birdys would cry because they didnt want to, so I told him his little birdys would have to cry or get over it because he was having a bath, even if it was kicking and screaming, which it was.

Then there are the things which make you laugh. Give you a little giggle, or crack you up. Sure there are the obvious things like the swearing, Indies mastered it. Calling me 'Stupid Head', yelling out 'fucking hell' at totally inappropriate times and having old ladies or prudes giving you the glare. Then there are the moments that only a camera can catch. Truly hilarious. So if you'd like to check out some of the fun from today and the past few weeks head to my facebook page and have a look at my new photo album 'Weird Little Creatures' for a smile. Might just brighten your day, it did mine.






Love Cady xo

2 comments:

  1. Ella has analysed her poo as well AAARGH! Love Ashi's story, thats classic & cute to boot ;)

    ReplyDelete